Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Letterboxd Dump

I'm really far behind.

But, there's not all that much catching up to do because I haven't watched a movie in two weeks now, though I did watch half an hour of Distant Trumpet on Monday morning.

Abby and I finished Parks & Recreation Season 3. I'm afraid that S3 is when the show peaked and that it's all downhill from here. I hope not. Season 3 is really good.

I still haven't made up my mind about Tyrannosaur. I watched it again with the director's commentary on. I don't think it's a great film, but it's a very good one and I'll be following Paddy Considine from now on. That guy's got a lot of heart.

I should write about The Comedy but I won't. I think that it's at least as good as Spring Breakers, if not much better.

I also owe Ben a longer Wise Kids post. I don't care enough about it to put in the effort.

So, one big bleh and some repubbing of crappy Letterboxd content catches me up to the present.

Tyrannosaur 2011
★★★★½ Watched 02 Apr, 2013

I'm still digesting this one. The half-star (that i always try to avoid) marks my indecision as to whether I all-out love this one or if I'm going to let a few tics keep me from fully embracing it. I'm planning on watching it again soon.

Argo 2012
★★★ Watched 25 Mar, 2013 1

I forgot to log this one from last week. I liked it more than Brandon did.

The Comedy 2012
★★ Watched 26 Mar, 2013

Alverson achieves his purpose. It's too bad that this success means a movie that is painfully unfunny in its funny.

The Wise Kids 2011
★★ Watched 24 Mar, 2013 2

I guess I was expecting more. Everything about this film is shallow and right-on-the-nose. There are no characters to care about in this film, only preordained types used to represent ideas.

Spring Breakers 2013
★★ Watched 22 Mar, 2013 1

spring break forever = hell
1 like

Holy Motors 2012
★★ Watched 21 Mar, 2013 1

The emperor has no clothes.
1 like

Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai 2011
★★★ Watched 19 Mar, 2013

Fun to watch. This would be a Hollywood blockbuster if a great English dub and a bold marketing campaign existed for it.

No comments: