Friday, August 30, 2013

Not feeling it - Recent Letterboxd logging copied and pasted

Upstream Color 2013 ★★ Watched 22 Aug, 2013
I stopped watching after about 40 minutes. I blame myself as much as the film. I wasn't willing to put in any work at the time that I was watching it and the film wasn't willing to cater to my laziness. Carruth deserves all of his fans. I wish him well.

Only God Forgives 2013 ★★ Watched 20 Aug, 2013
I can't give it one star because I ended up having a lot of fun watching it. Five stars for the experience combined with -1 stars for the film averages out to about two stars. Hell, I almost gave it three stars when I started thinking about the pickles I was eating.

Apart From You 1933 ★★★ Watched 07 Aug, 2013
Okay melodrama with some nifty Narusisms (zoom and pan, baby!)

The Baron of Arizona 1950 ★★★ Rewatched 06 Aug, 2013 Not at all bad. This is my second time watching it and I think I'm done with it. The long con is interesting but the way the story is told is less than fluid.

Man of Steel 2013 ★ Watched 04 Aug, 2013
This film needs a strong dose of Richard Pryor.

No comments: