Friday, July 17, 2009

To Boldly Go... Where Everyone Has Gone Two Months Ago.


I finally caught up with Star Trek at the Cinema Saver and I'm glad I did. It's fun in the best summer movie way, but there's really not much substance. I let myself get caught up in the fun, but the movie's also as dumb as it is fun.

The time travel/alternate reality plot irritated me, but the performances and the care-free silliness of it all was enough to keep me in my seat. I'll probably rent it on DVD so that Abby can see it in some form (now that I've created a TNG junkie), but then I'll mostly forget it as the expensive disposable entertainment that it is.

That's about as excited as I can get for a Star Trek universe in which Amok Time never happens.

1 comment:

brando said...

I pretty much agree with you on this one. I give it a solid B+ if that says anything. I can honestly say that I don't care if a movie is dumb or disposable. The big budget doesn't bother me either. I'm at peace with money going down the drain.