Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Conversations 2010 #4

Conversations 2010 #4

Brandon, I eagerly await each new post.  Keep them coming.

I'm thinking of making a list of critics that I'd like to see make films.  The late 1950s Cahiers du Cinema group was truly extraordinary.  I'm not aware of anything else like it before or since. 

I enjoyed your top ten list.  I'm eager to see 35 Rhums, Fantastic Mr. Fox, 24 City, and The Box.  I've got Coraline and Treeless Mountain at home and hope to see them before this week is over.  I think that my slump feelings are over for the moment.    

I wish you hadn't squeezed Avatar in there.  Between you and Jason, I'm starting to feel the pressure to see it in the theatre before its lengthy run ends.  I honestly feel ambivalent toward the film and felt okay skipping it.  I expect the worst, but this positive buzz is getting to me.   
  
I remember seeing the trailer for Next Day Air a long time ago and thinking that it might be a film worth catching.  That was the first and last time that I thought about it until you posted that you loved it.  I didn't even give it a chance.  I'm glad that you found it and gave it a chance because otherwise I would have let it slip on by.  And that's too bad because it's a little film that deserves to be seen and championed.  

Screw District 9.  Next Day Air should have been the surprise hit at the box office last year.  

I know it's not likely to happen, but I'd love to see Next Day Air nominated for a best original screenplay Oscar.  [Never mind.  Since writing this earlier today, I've seen that the nominations are out and Next Day Air was ignored as expected.  What a shame.]

   

No comments: