Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Yeah, we like making lists.

Ben, thanks for that link compiling all of the Criterion titles available via Netflix Watch Instantly (from this point on always referred to as: NWI)

Here is my personal top ten favorite Criterion titles available via NWI. Ranking these was ridiculous. It could have been painful. Instead, I just did it quickly - this is a quick from the gut ranking, but each of these are 5-star perfect titles in my book. In other words, they're all tied for #1.

1) Samurai Rebellion (Kobayashi)
2) The Seventh Seal (Bergman)
3) La Jetée (Marker)
4) Solaris (Tarkovsky)
5) Slacker (Linklater)
6) The Passion of Joan of Arc (Dreyer)
7) Cleo From 5 to 7 (Varda)
8) Wings of Desire (Wenders)
9) In the Mood For Love (Wong)
10) Stagecoach (Ford)

Brandon, I hope you make a similar list. I know you've seen twice more on that Criterion NWI list than I have.

Jason, that's a mighty long drum roll you've got going on there.

No comments: