Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bryan Cranston's 2012

How did I forget to mention that Bryan Cranston has a great cameo in John Carter? He's onscreen for less than 10 minutes, but he's as awesome as ever the whole time!

He's in a few projects being released this year. The one I'm most excited about is probably Ben Affleck's Argo. I'm a fan of Affleck as director and have unreasonably high hopes for Argo.

That movie is not coming out until September or October.

In the meantime, here's my list of Ten Most Anticipated Summer Movies, Listed by Release Date...

Sound of My Voice (2011)
I liked Another Earth enough that I'm excited about Brit Marling's involvement in this.

Bernie (2011)
Linklater is back! I may be one of the few people that thinks this looks great.

The Avengers
It's the Avengers, stupid. It's Joss Whedon, stupid. Of course I'm going to see this.

Men in Black III
I'll probably wait for a DVD release, but I am foolishly optimistic about this one.

Moonrise Kingdom
I'm ready to give Wes another chance.

Brave
It's Pixar. I'll take the girls. 'Nuff said.

Beasts of the Southern Wild
I followed some of the Sundance buzz on this one. I'm interested.

The Amazing Spider-Man
It's Spidey. I was never a big fan of the last three films (and probably like the third the most, which I know is the minority fool's position), but I liked them enough. I don't have high hopes here, but it's Spidey.

The Dark Knight Rises
You guys know I feel lukewarm toward Nolan. It doesn't matter. I can't resist the hype.

The Wettest County
I'm on the fence with this one, but Hillcoat made a decent Western. I think he's definitely capable of making a decent gangster film.

That's it for the Summer. I won't worry about the Fall just yet.

In other news, well, there is no other news. I've been watching BSG Season 4 and Justified Season 2. I may or may not write up something about one or the other.

No movies watched since John Carter. As a matter of fact, John Carter might just last me the whole year long. Or maybe I'll see it again. I'm sure something artsy-fartsy from 2012 will lumber along eventually this year and steal its #1 space, but I'm enjoying thinking of it as the BEST FILM OF 2012 right now.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Not sure of your work situation tomorrow, but I'm going to see John Carter at 1pm since I don't work until 5 on Wednesdays. You're welcome to join.

trawlerman said...

I'd go if I could, but I've got to work. I hope you like it!!