Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Slow Conversations

I haven't been watching much lately. Only 1 feature since my last post.

Dark Horse. I wanted to see what all the Solondz fuss was all about. I saw Welcome to the Dollhouse back in '95 (I probably saw it in '96). I remember seeing it at a house out in Southampton, with some Center Moriches Catholic school girls, one of whom was the daughter of a man who owned a baseball card shop. I don't remember the names of those girls or how I met them. I sure don't remember anything about the movie. I already wish that I could forget Dark Horse.

I watched a handful of silent shorts with the girls today. That was fun, reminding me that I love silents and that I love movies that I can watch with the girls. I already logged all those views on Letterboxd. Since they're shorts, I won't repeat the process here.

I've been enjoying Twilight Zone club lately. I've especially been happy that my friend Mike has joined us. Both of his posts have been superb.

Brandon, your last couple of posts have been great. I really appreciated your 2012 in review. You know I love you and love your writing. Let's keep on doing this.

Your Bergman/Bresson/Dredd comparison post may have outdone my Green Lantern/Winnie the Pooh/Melancholia posts. Well done.

Jeff, I'm not sure if you really broke your arm or not, but that'd certainly explain why you're falling behind on blog posts. I was waiting for you to respond to Brody's Amour takedown, but I guess I won't get it. I still respect Amour, but I also really hate it. Anyhow, maybe we'll get some more Boos out of you during the healing time? :)

Ben, let's get a proper blog post about all of those indie films you've been watching. I hope to catch up on a few of them in the next month or so. Joining Fandor, though, has me excited about silents again at the moment. I'll have to wait until this temporary silents infatuation dies down.

Chris, your 2010 and 2011 lists reminded me that I still need to catch up on a few films: Certified Copy, Another Year, 13 Assassins, A Separation, The Kid with the Bike, The Skin I Live In, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. That's a lot of movies that I still haven't seen yet.

Jason, Alex, Lisa. What can I say? I miss you guys. Put up new posts. Please?

Adrienne, it was good to read that you had seen and enjoyed Strangers on a Train. Now, you really need to watch Throw Momma from the Train. It's one of my favorite comedies of all time.


No comments: