Monday, January 2, 2012

Tired New Year

Brandon tattooed my face for Christmas.


I completely agree with everything that Jeff wrote about Le Havre. I can't say it any better than Jeff already has. Le Havre is easily one of my favorite films of 2011..

I'm on vacation right now and I've watched a couple of crappy movies.

Septien is not just bad. It's spectacularly bad. It at least becomes something interesting at the 3/4 mark when it becomes a pederasty revenge pic.

Septien was "bad" but interesting. 

Bellflower was just a flop. It didn't help that I was expecting it to be something else. I'd heard Mad Max talk and got excited. Instead of literal wastelands, Bellflower explores bad relationships as an apocalypse one is never fully prepared for. At least I think that's the idea. The metaphor is stupid and Bellflower doesn't work as genre film or character study or romantic entanglement indie film. I hated it.

No comments: