Saturday, January 17, 2009

Maybe Man

This past Wednesday night, I got paid to go to the movies again. Probably, this is a bad thing, because it turns off what few critical faculties I possess and allows me to enjoy just about anything. So, since I checked my brain at the door and laughed more than I ought to have, check out A. O. Scott's review of Yes Man, Nowhere Man, Listen Up: You Have to Stop Saying No, which ends with these wise words,

"Should you see this movie? Maybe. Whatever. I don’t care."


I also got a chance to revisit Iron Man on DVD, which I now insist was the best superhero movie of 2008. And the haters can go stick their head under a metal boot. Jeff Bridges is more awesome than anyone has given him credit for. Gwyneth Paltrow is charming. And Robert Downey, Jr. absolutely owns Tony Stark.

No comments: