Monday, April 4, 2011

Argument Clinic



You are all wrong about Monty Python.

---

Brandon,

I guess the distinction isn't that clear in my mind. The only movies I think I maybe *should like* are movies that have both received a lot of critical attention and nearly everyone else besides me has liked. Why else should I feel like I ought to like something that I don't? I'm not sure what other criteria you want me to use. I "should" have liked Paul because I love Adventureland?

Looking at your list, it's constructed on the same principle that mine is - movies that are generally well-respected by proven directors. I just used the AFI list because I couldn't think of anything off of the top of my head. And I still can't. This isn't something that I think about a lot. In general, I don't really feel like I *should* like anything that I don't.

Yes, you do.

No, I don't.

---

A 2010 catch-up post will be coming soon.

No comments: