Friday, April 29, 2011

I forgot. One more thing.

We watched the second episode of the mid-50s BBC Robin Hood. The Money-Lender.

I found the DVD set for $10 in a bin at Wegmans and took a chance on the series, afraid that it might be too cheesy or downright bad. It's neither.

Robin's first highway robbery is quite funny. Also, the way this episode organically introduces Robin's rise to leadership of the bandits in Sherwood forest is about as narratively efficient as could be.

I must admit, though, that the truest pleasure of this series is watching it with the girls. They beg to watch another episode immediately. Then, I have to fight all of my instincts and inclinations to cave and start another episode. We need to wait until next Tuesday, I say, as my determination wavers. It's bedtime now! No more Robin Hood until next Tuesday!

No comments: