Saturday, April 9, 2011

Transmigration of Kubrick's Shit

[edited slightly in an attempt to improve clarity]

Sorry guys. I don't have the time or inclination to argue about Kubrick. You'll just have to live with my tea-bagging buzzery.

Jeff is right that my "anti-life" statement reflects my siding with all of the usual complaints against Kubrick. More than that, though, I suspect Kubrick of not liking physical bodily existence. Some day, if Kubrick could have his way, we would all be pure minds; no bodies. I base a lot of this opinion on Kubrick's absolutely faithful cinematic presentation of Clarke's 2001. I'm not going to spend the time to prove this, but I do find this "anti-life" (more properly stated as "anti-body," I guess) idea supported in his other work.

By placing the bathroom between the monolith and the deathbed, Kubrick signifies man's baseness as an obstacle which must be overcome.

Kubrick's "intellectualism" is not for me.

I enjoy a good shit. Cynicism is for the constipated.

Love,
One Seriously Hip Hipster.

No comments: