Friday, September 2, 2011

Not a Mumblecore Fan

Yikes, Jason, what does someone have to do around here to prove their appreciation for something?

I'm on record highly praising Bujalski (I even compared him favorably to Rohmer, one of my favorites!) and Gerwig (favorably compared to Gish and Karina!). I've at least mildly enjoyed every Duplass offering I've seen (and have been astounded by some great isolated moments in their films). I'm likely to sign back up for Netflix before the year is over for the sole reason of wanting to see Cold Weather more than just about any other film right now. A couple of years ago, I joked about waiting for Mumblecore Noir. Now, it's finally arrived and I have no way of seeing it!!

So, while it's true that I wouldn't call myself a "Mumblecore fan," I am not dismissive of the "movement" or of any of the players or directors that I've come across so far.

No comments: