Thursday, September 1, 2011

We need to break this cycle of silence.

No Dark posts until Saturday.

In the meantime, here's a brief rundown on what I've been watching.

Not much.

I saw Trade Winds on the 13th.

Then, Tuesday the 16th, I watched Yankee Doodle Dandy, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, and Colt 45. Dandy is worth watching because of Cagney. We didn't finish Smith because we had to go out that afternoon and I fell asleep to Colt and haven't finished either one of them since then.

It's over two weeks later and I haven't watched a single film besides Dark.

Lots of TV, but I'm sure Brandon doesn't want to hear it.

Robin Hood is still consistently pleasant.

The Killing is compelling. Even though I know that it was the baby dragon that killed Rosie. We're a little over halfway through it.

I've been watching Mildred Pierce on my iPod just like it was meant to be seen. I've got Part 5 left to watch. I haven't seen the Curtiz version, but I suspect that he accomplishes in 111 minutes what it takes Haynes 300 or so minutes to get across.

I'm all up-to-date on Breaking Bad. "Problem Dog" is one of the best episodes of the season so far. I love the Howard Bros idea of a Mike/Jesse spin-off series. Reminds me of how fun it would have been to see a Sawyer/Miles cop show after Lost ended. I'm also thinking that I'd like to see a Hurley/Gus What If?/Elseworlds amalgamated chicken shack showdown.

I do think it's odd that Skyler had grand plans to launder money through a carwash and never once stopped to ask Walt how much money he is making. Huh?

I watched the "nigger toes" episode of Louie. Not that funny.

I tried watching the new Thundercats series, but couldn't get into it.

A lot of Stewart/Colbert at the beginning of the month. Nothing recently.

One episode of the Twilight Zone.

And that's about it.

Sorry, Ben, I still haven't watched your dog torture video.

No comments: