Friday, September 16, 2011

Numbered Conversations

Brandon,

Really, It's okay that you like Paul. I'd probably like it, too, if it wasn't so stupid and irritating and hard to watch.

Sorry that I keep bringing this up, but you haven't posted anything else so I'm stuck making fun of you for liking Paul until we get some new content from you.

Jason,

Quiet City will be at the top of my queue just as soon as I sign back up for Netflix. I'm trying to sell a few things to make some money, then I'll have $ in my paypal account to pay for Netflix. Probably 2 DVDs at a time plan; no streaming.

I just finished Cold Weather. It's a serious contender to dethrone True Grit and Meek's Cutoff at the top of my 2010 list. It'll probably have to settle in right behind those, though, since the only character in the film that wears a cowboy hat is a villain.

Ben,

Watch a movie. Quit spending your time hacking into celebrity computers.

Jeff,

I haven't seen any of the films on your 1935 list except for The 39 Steps. I will add the '35 list to the list site later today.

Here's my stab at a '39 list. Some of these I haven't seen in a decade plus, but so what, here goes...

1939

1. Destry Rides Again (George Marshall)
2. Stagecoach (John Ford)
3. Only Angels Have Wings (Howard Hawks)
4. Frontier Marshall (Allan Dwan)
5. The Rules of the Game (Jean Renoir)
6. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (Frank Capra)
7. Young Mr. Lincoln (John Ford)
8. The Roaring Twenties (Raoul Walsh)
9. The Wizard of Oz (Victor Fleming)
10. Gone With the Wind (Victor Fleming)
11. Jesse James (Henry King)


Lisa,

There's a problem if Jason is posting more often than you are. Shame.


Chris,

I probably won't have a Simpsons list too soon. I had a couple of days of binge watching, but haven't done much watching since. I'll see if I can finish Season 7 before the end of September, but no promises.

----

Just because I like it...

No comments: