Thursday, July 21, 2011

You had it set to whore.

Homer shooting Marge in the face with the make-up shotgun is also really funny.

Briefly, Walt and Jesse may never truly be in danger, but there have been lots of times when I've felt STRONGLY that there's no way out of this particular situation, then the writers astonish me again. The murder/cliffhanger of Season 3 was only possible because of our two (anti)heroes being threatened by death. The story had gotten INTENSE. The stakes are always high and I'm not as confident as you that our two leads are beyond sudden death. Anyhow, that murder sets the tone for all of Season 4. And I'm diggin' it.

I'm going to have to re-watch Season 3. I remember the "left turn" mid-season that seems to bug you so much, but I wasn't ever bothered by it.

---

Jeff, I'm failing 30s Club. I tried to watch Rules of the Game and fell asleep. I really like the movie and was excited to watch it again IN THEORY, but I lose interest every time I actually sit down to watch it.

---

I also haven't watched a single episode of The Twilight Zone. My episode a day plan was clearly stupid.

---

Since I've been back from vacation, I haven't wanted to watch anything. Except for Breaking Bad and The Simpsons. I was talking to Brandon yesterday about how nothing looks good. The cinemas are full of crap. Redboxes are full of crap. NWI has a wealth of options and I can't bring myself to care. I don't want to discuss 2004. Blah.

---

I am thinking of taking the girls to see Winnie the Pooh next Tuesday morning. Maybe that will make me feel better.

No comments: