Monday, June 20, 2011

Back to the Future

The Seventh Seal received its North American debut in October 1958. Yet you list it as #2 on your 1957 list. I could go through all of your lists and point out several films like this. And not just foreign films. American films that had small releases or releases at the end of a year which most Americans at the time would have thought of as released the year they saw it and not the year before, even though we now date it by initial release.

I admit that I've just been goofing with the last few posts, but, seriously now, why change your criteria for dating a film based on its age? 50 years from now, most sane people will agree that Meek's Cutoff is a 2010 film. I'm just a prophet anticipating the future based on what we know of the past. I'm also aware that I probably won't convert you to my position any time soon. :)

Regardless of your position, Meek's Cutoff will still be a 2010 film and I will be vindicated in the future!!!!!!! :)

You're right, though, I'm in a really tiny minority with this opinion.

No comments: