Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Responding to Ben

"Sometimes I like a story because it's just a good story."

I don't have much fight left in me.

Just a little.

Sometimes I like a story because it's just a good story, too.

Not every film needs to be Meek's Cutoff (though that was a good story!)

I don't think that Midnight is a good story. For many of the reasons that I've already listed.

I'm not above "entertainment" movies. I'm the one who stood up for Edge of Darkness and Book of Eli. Centurion, Alice in Wonderland, and The A-Team. I've defended Repo Men and Frozen. I liked The Other Guys A LOT. Those are just a few examples from last year.

When this is all said and done, I don't want to be pigeon-holed as the guy who can't enjoy himself at the movies.

I love good stories. I dislike Midnight.

No comments: